Crash Course: Measurements, Sensors and Data Logging
November & December 2020 Session
November 5, 12, 19 December 3, 10, 17
- Online webinar series.
- Learn the skills to collect data for your project.
- How to measure your experiment and design.
- Learn about sensors and different sensor types.
- How does a data logger work?
- Learn to use an Arduino as a data logger.
- Receive the hardware to collect data for your project.
- All participants receive an Arduino, data logging shield and sensors to measure your projects!
- Open to students in grades 8-12 from across the FRSEF.
- Course is six 1-hour sessions via Zoom.
- Students who complete the course receive a certificate.
- Limited number of participants.
Timeline - Session 1
Acceptance Decision: Will be emailed October 7 - 8
Attendance Confirmation: October 9 - 12 (completed by parent / guardian)
Orientation Sessions: 30 minutes via Zoom, participants need to attend 1 session
- Saturday, October 24 @ 10:00 AM
- Tuesday, October 27 @ 7:00 PM
- Friday, October 30 @ 5:00 PM
- Saturday, October 31 @ 2:00 PM
- Monday, November 2 @ 6:00 PM
Crash Course Sessions: November 5, 12, 19, December 3, 10, 17 @ 7:00 PM
Orientation Sketch - Zip File (you will need to download the file and then unzip the file on your local machine)
Week 1 Information
Week 2 Information