Stipends, Courses and Workshops
- FRSEF Educator Stipends are available to educators within the FRSEF territory.
- All educators are encouraged to apply, even those without students participating in the FRSEF. Stipends in values of up to $400 to help educators provide resources to enable excellence in research.
- Applications for Round 1 of stipends closes on November 30, 2023.
- Limited number of stipends are available, apply early!
- A second round of stipends is dependent upon remaining funding.
- Requirement to fulfill stipend: a picture of the purchase and a short paragraph on how you were able to use it.
- Due by May 1, 2024.
Fair Travel Stipend
- Travel Stipends are available to educators within the FRSEF territory.
- The FRSEF has grants to assist with the cost of travel for bringing students to the FRSEF.
- Junior and High School – school setup windows on Friday afternoon and judging on Saturday morning.
- Simplify logistics and bring a bus for students!
- Elementary – fair event (single day)
Classroom Display Kits
- Display Kits are available to educators brining students to the FRSEF.
- Display boards and materials (ex. construction paper) for all projects from your classroom.
- Boards are 48" tall, 36" wide tri-fold, corrugated cardboard and include a header.
- Example project displays are also available - have an example in your classroom for students to reference.
- Pick one of our example projects!
Workshops & Courses
Inspiration, Invention & Innovation
- Video series for learning the engineering process.
- Includes lesson plans for educators!
- Available Fall 2023!
Crash Course: Measurements, Sensors and Data Logging
- Learn the skills to collect data for your project.
- How to measure your experiment and design.
- Learn about sensors and different sensor types.
- How does a data logger work?
- Learn to use an Arduino as a data logger.
- Learn more today!
Crash Course: Data Analysis & Presentation
- Learn the skills to elevate your research to the next level
- How to make great graphs and visuals
- The correct type of graphs to use for your project
- The correct type of analysis to use for your project
- Learn more today!
Thermo Fisher Scientific Junior Innovators Challenge (formerly Broadcom MASTERS) Application Workshops
- Workshop for Thermo Fisher Scientific Junior Innovators Challenge nominees and their parents.
- Assist nominees with their applications and their projects.
- Will be in April or May 2024 (needs to be after the fair for the nominees to be determined)
Classroom Visits - Request Yours Today
- Virtual and in-person visits available (1 - 3 hours)
- An FRSEF member will come to your classroom and work with your students.
- Visit content can be tailored to you and your students' needs.
- Ideation / Project Workshopping
- Interactive activities to do a sample project from start - to -finish
- 2023/2024 activity - paper airplane
- If you have an activity in mind - let's work together and develop an activity for your classroom.
Sign up by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org