Crash Course: Measurements, Sensors and Data Logging
January 2021 Session
January 14, 21, 28 and February 4
- Free online webinar series.
- Learn the skills to collect data for your project.
- How to measure your experiment and design.
- Learn about sensors and different sensor types.
- How does a data logger work?
- Learn to use an Arduino as a data logger.
- Receive the hardware to collect data for your project.
- All participants receive an Arduino, data logging shield and sensors to measure your projects!
- The hardware is yours to keep.
- Open to students in grades 8-12 from across the FRSEF.
- Course is four Zoom sessions.
- Students who complete the course receive a certificate.
- Limited number of participants, sign up early.
Timeline - Session 2
Acceptance Decision: Will be emailed January 5
Orientation Sessions: 30 minutes via Zoom, participants need to attend 1 session
- Saturday, January 9 @ 10:00 AM
- Saturday, January 9 @ 2:00 PM
- Monday, January 11 @ 6:00 PM
- Tuesday, January 12 @ 7:00 PM
Crash Course Sessions: January 14, 21, 28, February 4 @ 7:00 PM
- Arduino Download and Setup
- Grove Beginner Kit for Arduino
- Grove Accessories
- Sketches are in a .zip file
- Chromebook Users: Save the .zip file in a known location on your computer.
- PC & Mac Users: Save the folder in the Documents > Arduino folder. Unzip the CrashCourse_Jan.zip folder.