2021 Junior and Elementary Fair Results
1st Award: $1,000 ($500 cash and $500 scholarship)
- Earth / Environment / Chemistry: Jaelyn Peavyhouse; Geographical Patterns in Radon
- Life Sciences: Mohamad Hashem Jafari; Make Your Mask Your Best Friend, Not Your Worst Enemy!!
- Physical Sciences / Engineering: Blaise Maliskey; Testing Airplane Wings
2nd Award: $800 ($500 cash and $300 scholarship)
- Earth / Environment / Chemistry: Amaya Shahzad; What is enzymatic browning and how can it be slowed down?
- Life Sciences: Muhammad Adnan Najjar; Button Battery Burns: Examining Ingestion Injuries and Reducing the Rate and Severity of Damage
- Physical Sciences / Engineering: Olivia Wagner; Using filters and hacking a BiPAP, to circumvent a shortage of ventilators for a Covid pandemic
3rd Award: $575
- Earth / Environment / Chemistry: Maximum Harwell
- Life Sciences: Michaela Witgen
- Physical Sciences / Engineering: Akhilesh Kanmanthreddy
4th Award: $400
- Earth / Environment / Chemistry: Nasir Ali, Ayaan Cheema
- Life Sciences: Sivani Mamillapalli, Isabella Monk
- Physical Sciences / Engineering: Matlyn Miller, Jeff Soukhojak
Educator of the Year
Kirk Hansen of Davison Middle School and April Keefover of Genesee Academy were named as Educators of the Year. Each receives $250 and was nominated by their students for the award.
The top fourty-five finalists earned cash awards ranging from $250 – $800. Numerous Special Awards were also awarded by various local, regional, and national organizations. Special Awards recognition can range from certificates to gift packages.
The Flint Regional Science & Engineering Fair (FRSEF) is administered by Flint Science Fair, Inc., a non-profit 501(c)3 organization. The FRSEF partners with the greater community of Mid-Michigan to foster student potential by: hosting an annual regional science and engineering fair; offering educational experiences; extending opportunities for rewards, recognition, and additional competitions; and providing outreach services to students and all who support them.
Now into its sixth decade of service,FRSEF continues to inspire and empower curiosity, investigation, and understanding through empowering science and engineering.