All students must register either on line or by submitting a paper application by mail to the FASF. If registering on line be sure to print your completed forms for your files. Supplemental forms that require signatures of parent or adult sponsor must be downloaded and either mailed or brought to the fair—see specific instructions for your division.
If needed, students can print a copy of all FRSF forms from the web site or use the paper forms from the Handbook (pages 13-16). See specific instructions for your division.
Mail completed applications or additional required forms to:
The Flint Regional Science Fair
Attn: Lisa Hook
2413 W. Maple Ave.
Flint, MI 48507
- March 4, 2013 Last day for registration to avoid late fees. A late fee of .00 must be attached to applications submitted after March 2. or it will be collected at the fair
- March 11, 2013—NO applications accepted after this date.
How to Register
- Projects involving human or live animal subjects MUST BE APPROVED BY THE SCIENTIFIC REVIEW COMMITTEE (SRC) PRIOR TO EXPERIMENTATION.
- Approval of non-human or nonvertebrate projects can be assumed once your Teacher/Supervisor has signed your application. You will be notified if there is a problem.
- One project only -- A student may not enter more than one project in any year.
- Project used in previous year may not be reentered without substantial expansion and development of additional experimentation.
- The completion and exhibition of any project is subject to the approval of the Fair Director and the Scientific Review Committee.
- Changes or additions made in the methods or procedures outlined in the application, if substantial, must be detailed in a letter or email to the Fair Director
Block reservations allow the organizer of a local school science fair to bring a pre-set number of projects from a local fair to compete in the Flint Area Science Fair, even though the local fair is held after the application deadline. Applications submitted through the block reservation process do not have to pay late fees.
Local Fair Directors need to contact the Director of the Flint Fair by FEBRUARY 22, 2013 if they desire to use the alternate BLOCK RESERVATION method.
Questions? Contact FASF Director at email@example.com